“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32 NIV
Jesus said, ““I am the way and the truth and the life.” John 14:6 When we know Jesus, not know about Him, but know Him, we can expect to live a life of freedom. We can expect to live a life free from the iniquities (immoral or grossly unfair behavior) of this world, free from generational curses, word curses and the consequences of sin committed by us and against us. Jesus, the Truth, sets us free of the domination and oppression of evil.
To know Jesus is to make a conscious decision to follow Him and obey His commands. It is to live according to the Word of God, bringing glory (honor) to our Heavenly Father, God, the Creator of heaven and earth.
To live a life of freedom is to experience deliverance, to be set free. When we accept Jesus–declare Him Lord of our lives, make a commitment to submit to His way and His words– we are immediately set free from the penalty of sin. The process of being set free from the power of sin requires deliverance and a life submitted to God and His Word.
Deliverance is the process by which we
- Reconcile with God by acknowledging Jesus’ as the One who reconciles us to Him through Jesus’ death on the Cross
- Declare Jesus as Lord of our lives
- Confess our sins (immoral acts or transgressions against God) and ask God for forgiveness
- Forgive everyone who has offended us, hurt us, cursed us
- Surrender our unforgiveness, bitterness, anger, resentment, and envy to God
- Renounce the devil, his works, any transgression against God we have committed
- Identify any generational curses in our lives and break them
- Uproot any source of rejection
- Surrender fully to the leading of the Holy Spirit
We can experience deliverance, mediate and intercede for the deliverance of others because we have the authority to do so based on the Word of God (Bible). We have the promise (Mark 16:17), the position (Ephesians 2:6), the personality (Colossians 2:9-10), and the protection (Luke 10:17-19) to exercise deliverance.
For this reason, I pray that God will fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. (Colossians 1:9-12 NIV)
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption,the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1: 13-14 NIV
Let us declare that our trust is God and shout